Sunday, September 10, 2017

Great Way to Start the Day!

Sitting in my camper tucked warmly under blankets, I see movement outside my window.  As I look up, a doe and yearling come into view on my left. A few seconds later, two more yearlings trail behind them. They leisurely stroll to the north end of the property where the land hasn’t been cleared as much. With a creek, and lots of foliage, this must seem like a paradise to them.

A photo of my visitors, taken thru the window screen!
With shots ringing out from our neighbor’s shooting range, the deer are getting quite used to the sound of gunshots. How this affects them during hunting season remains to be seen.

It is my guess that they stopped for a nice refreshing drink from the creek.  We have a spot on the creek where it “bubbles out” into a more pond-like area. On past walks, my hubby has pointed out where the deer have bedded down in foliage near the pond. So, we are quite sure that they are aware of our pond!

I am watching as the four deer have come back from the pond, and now are nibbling on the saplings near the woods. Nom, Nom, Nom! It must be quite delicious! Maybe I should try it sometime! LOL

I guess in a way, I am sitting in a sort of deer blind! They are slowly coming closer to the camper, apparently unaware of my presence.  Out of the corner of my eye, I watch as a few leaves fall from a nearby tree. We have not had near enough rain recently, so the leaves are falling too soon. We should still have a pretty autumn, but most likely not the bright beautiful foliage that is so well loved.

Momma doe looks up as our neighbor passes by on a motorcycle.  Honestly, I do believe that is the only traffic that I have heard all morning.  The deer are not even alarmed. The neighbor gets merely a passing glance in his direction before they return their attention to their eating.

Near-perfect temperatures on a weekend, watching nature at its finest...what a beautiful way to start the day!  

And the kicker is that I haven’t even gotten out of bed yet!!

Still tucked in my blankies!

I wonder what the rest of the day has in store!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you! What a great way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete